Last month I blogged about a Record Book Michigan Northern Pike. Since the story there has been a bunch of others that have surfaced as well as some interesting statements on the area the huge Northern Pike was supposedly caught. If you recall it was stated the Bass Lake, Iosco County, Hale was the origin to where not only caught a huge northern pike but, if true, would have been the world record. Details I have received from people from the area:
- The lake is only 30-40 acres big. Having pike in it but not of that size.
- The area has pike but nothing that has ever even came close to this size.
- None of the residence I received info from have ever heard of this fish. And if you know small towns they are the people that would know every detail of it.
Now the other stories I have heard since I first received these pictures:
- This Fish came from Somewhere in Canada.
- The photos and stories have been around for years.
- Fish of this size can only come from Germany where other confirmed Northern Pike have been shown.
- The picture surface a few years ago and was proved fake.
So in conclusion I will have to call the story I received as somewhere in the half truth stage. Meaning, the pictures I received might actually be of a huge northern pike but the weight of 55lbs does not seem real or the fact that it was caught in Bass lake Hale, Michigan in Iosco county. To date the story itself is fiction but the weight and pictures might actually have some truth. More to come.